Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ignorance

It is nearly impossible to argue with a theist even the possibility that logic does allow any form of higher being to exist. They are content with being blissfully ignorant in their beliefs and do not feel that it might be neccesary to find some additional information as to whether or not they might be wrong. When I research a controversial issue, I look at both sides. Granted, I have some difficult getting passed my own biased opinions, but at least I acknowledge the possibility that I might be wrong. I just refuse to believe in anything that isn't logical or scientifically proven. When the day comes where undeniable proof is shown to me, I will gladly step down and say, "I'm sorry. I believe now." I guess that makes me almost as stubborn as they are.


Sometimes people, in order to be satisfied with themselves, need only say, "God said it. I believe it.

That settles it." How can people not realize how ignorant that seems? Martin Luther King Jr. said "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

No comments:

Post a Comment